20 Mar Cellulite Reduction
Cellulite is the skin dimpling and lumpiness seen over the skin. This is especially prominent at the thighs, buttocks and abdomen of affected women. Its formation is attributed to connective tissue scarring underneath the dermis of the skin. It causes no physical harm but is cosmetically unappealing especially when you are in your miniskirt or swimsuit.
Factors that cause cellulite are genetic, hormone, gender, diet, obesity, abrupt weight change, unhealthy lifestyle and pregnancy. More often than not, it’s a mixture of various factors that give rise to cellulite problem.
Cellulite Reduction Treatment consists of:
1. Weight loss – encouraged for those who are overweight
2. Healthy lifestyle – i.e. stop smoking, balance diet and adequate exercise
3. Subcision – a procedure using needle to cut fibrous bands between the fat lobule. Temporary improvement may be seen but long term efficacy is uncertain.
4. Laser-assisted skin tightening (Accusculpt) – focused laser treatment that destroys targeted areas of scar tissues and tightens the skin.
5. Multipolar RadioFrequency device (Venus Legacy) : The first and only FDA cleared device to utilize 4D™ technology, combining Multi-Polar Radio Frequency (RF), Pulsed Electro Magnetic Fields (PEMF) and VariPulse™ technology (VP), with RealTime Thermal Feedback that combat cellulite effectively.
Liposuction or lipoplasty is not recommended as liposuction is designed to remove deep fat, not cellulite which resides just beneath the skin.
What are you waiting for? Visit our doctors for a detailed consultation. Our doctor can provide you with a treatment plan best suited to you.